The Asia Matters Flagship Asia Summit Cork events are held in partnership with Cork City Council, Cork County Council, Cork Institute of Technology and Cork Chamber.
Asia Matters Summit Cork - DAY 2: 18 May 2017 Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland
Building Win –Win Strategic Partnerships between Asia and Ireland
The Strategic Proposition of Regions and Cities in the Global Business Value Chain
09.30: Registration & Networking
10.00: Welcome Remarks by Martin Murray, Executive Director Asia Matters
10.15: A conversation with Dearbhail McDonald, Group Business Editor, Independent News & Media with Expert Panel on How FDI can be used to Develop Location Competitiveness
- Robert Pasley, Chief Technical Officer, Wavteq
- David Martin, Director China Britain Business Council
- Eileen Sharpe, Divisional Manager Growth Markets , IDA Ireland
11.15: A Conversation with Ann Riordan, Chairman Science Foundation Ireland and Asia Matters Advisory Board Member with Expert Panel on Attracting and Retaining Global Talent.
For firms it is critical to look beyond geographic borders to attract and retain top talent to drive international growth. For cities and regions to compete internationally for FDI, it is vital that top talent is supported by world class research and innovation clusters.
- Dr. Brendan Murphy, President Cork Institute of Technology
- Giles Daubeney, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Robert Walters
- Jijay Shen, Country Head, Huawei Ireland
- Barrie O’ Connell, President, Cork Chamber of Commerce and Partner KPMG
12.15: Coffee Break & Networking
12.30: A Conversation with Lionel Alexander, Chairman Institute of Technology Tralee, Board Member IDA Ireland and Asia Matters Advisory Board Member & Expert Global Investor Panel on ICT/Pharma.
ICT and Pharma are established business clusters in Cork and are globally acclaimed as key economic drivers - the expert panel will discuss critical factors for future success.
- Bob Savage, Vice President EMC
- Ger O’Mahoney, Partner PwC
- Venkatesh Priyadarshi, Head Ireland Operations, Tata Consultancy Services
13.30: Q & A and Closing Remarks, Martin Murray, Executive Director Asia Matters
13.35: Networking Lunch with key address by:
H.E. Mrs Vijay Thakur Singh, Ambassador of India to Ireland
Media Partners: Independent News and Media and Emerald Media
The Asia Summit is invite only, for more information please contact: